- Product Code: YUNPARALİA
- Product Groups : GREEK FESTIVAL
- 390 Person Viewed
The festival will be held in Pieria (Paralia of Katerini and Olympic Beach), the land of the ancient Thracian tribe “Pieres” and the Muses, on the flanks of famous Mount Olympus. The surrounding area is the mythological residence of the ancient Greek pantheon, close to the exquisite coasts of the blue Aegean Sea. The pleasant Mediterranean climate and hospitality of the people is a guarantee for a memorable stay in our municipality. It is an ideal tourist destination, gathers archaeological, cultural and environmental interest.
Our previous Festivals in North, Central and South Pieria had big success as we welcomed groups and representatives of more than ten countries in each Festival. We expect that the 19th International festival in the area and 7th in official cooperation with the Municipality of Katerini, will have larger success and will provide to the participants opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other folk groups. Furthermore, during your stay you will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and a bright Greek sun.
Type of groups that can participate: Traditional folk dance groups and folk song groups/choir/.
Classical or Marching Band and Majorettes/Orchestras
- Number and age of participants is not limited. Number of participating groups is limited.
- Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board with the name of their group.
- The group should prepare from 10 to 12 minutes program accompanied by their own orchestra or CD/FLASH.
Package, registration and accommodation:1* - 2** hotels ore 3 star hotels.
- 6 days (5 nights) (half board - breakfast and dinner - in triple rooms) in Hotels by the seaside of Pieria, in Paralia beach, Olympic beach, Korinos beach and Plaka beach.
- Traditional Greek Party and Greek dance lessons, exclusively for all the participant groups.
- Sandwiches and water after performances
- Participation in the Festival - Certificates – Memorial gifts - Photos - Video
2/7/2020: Day of arrival - Check in at hotel from 01:00 p.m. – The rest of the total amount for the group, must be paid on this day - A detailed program and a person in charge will be provided to each group. Free time for rest and optional activities, swimming, walk to the market and clubs.
- Dinner (in consultation with the hotel).
3/7/2020: Breakfast – All day free, for rest, optional activities- Party (Glenti) free charge at 08:30 p.m. for all the groups with traditional Greek and European music ,traditional dance lessons, gifts will be offered from we are Organization – Your dinner with drink will be served in party place.
4/7/2020: Breakfast - Free day from morning till noon - Optional excursion – Midday meal - Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the central square of Paralia Beach where the show will be held. Gifts will be offered to the groups by the local Municipality before the performance. During the performance water and sandwiches will be offered.
5/7/2020: Breakfast - Free day from morning till noon- Optional excursion – Midday meal - Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the central square of Olympic Beach where the show will be held this day. Gifts will be offered to the groups by the local Municipality before the performance. During the performance water and sandwiches will be offered.
6/7/2020: Breakfast – All day free, for shopping – swimming at the beach - Optional excursion in Pieria sights organized by the organizers. Dinner (in consultation with the hotel).
7/7/2020: Breakfast - Departure of the groups.